North Carolina Baby Love Plus Program
Healthy Communities...Healthy Babies...Healthy Start!
Piedmont Health Services and Sickle Cell Agency (PHSSCA) administers the North Carolina Baby Love Plus program in Guilford county. PHSSCA staff work within the community to build healthier families by strengthening available resources and providing outreach and education.
What is North Carolina Baby Love Plus?
The North Carolina Baby Love Plus program, part of the national Healthy Start Initiative, strives to give North Carolina babies the best possible start in life. The program links moms and babies with important health care and support services.
North Carolina Baby Love Plus provides:
- Intensive outreach to connect women of childbearing age and their infants with prenatal and family health services
- Coordination of care to promote healthy lifestyles between pregnancies and well-child care for up to two years after delivery
- Culturally sensitive care
- Health education and training for local health and social service agencies, area hospitals, public health officials and church and civic volunteers
- Leadership training and support for community partners
Family Care Coordinators help our clients achieve goals that are important to maternal and child health. A Family Care Coordinator will advocate on behalf of our clients to obtain needed services and support. Family Care Coordinators can assist in accessing services such as:
- Educational Services
- Medical Care
- Child Care
- Parenting Classes
- Social Service benefits
- Mental Health Services
- Substance Abuse Services
- Depression screening and referral
Who is Eligible?
- Residents of Guilford County
- Medicaid eligible women of child bearing age
- In Forsyth county, Triad Baby Love Plus is administered by the Forsyth County Health Department